My photo
I have moved to monsoux.com THIS NO JOKE! (update your links, RSS and the like)

T0p D0g Reloaded

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Every ceiling has a silver lining







This must be like the worst picture ever in the history of this blog. A picture that needs explaining generally is. But this picture is very dear to my heart. I have just taken it to illustrate yet another chapter in the life and sufferings of the Romanian block-of-flats inhabitant. Those who know what I am talking stop reading.

Once upon a time there was the neighbour upstairs. S/he had a pipe / faucet / central heating etcetera that was so old and sad and lonely that one day couldn't take it anymore and it broke. The water started running and down the walls, the floors and all the rest, there was nothing that could keep it together, could stop it, until the neighbour downstairs nervously rang the door, called the plumber and the like. Being caught between a rock and a hard place, actually between a very present neighbour and a very absent one, you tried to cope. Moping the floors, moving furniture, placing pots and pans under the dripping ceiling, calling 112 (EN), making friends with the administrator and the president - these are two characters I might describe lengthily at a later time.

There is nothing like a timely-timed flooding, early enough to allow for some sort of solution - solution, that is somehow not the proper word here, but I'll just go with the flow, oops, another one! so to speak. I won't even be late for work. But the sweetest hours of my sleep are gone. I love Tuesday's, don't you? Posted by Picasa

No comments: