My photo
I have moved to monsoux.com THIS NO JOKE! (update your links, RSS and the like)

T0p D0g Reloaded

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Gin and tonic, fog, and the winter hour



What can you expect after too much to drink in too little time? It is either you sleep like a log (brick solid!), or you toss and turn like the meat on the grill. Now for me it was the later. Why the long introduction? since I don't care too much how I sleep and it is not like I expect you to care more. But it is how I explain recalling my dream, which I usually don't. Most of the time I sleep brick solid.

So. We were being invaded. We don't know what it was, but the animals were stampeding. I personally thought it was about werewolves. The whole things was happening in my childhood neighborhood in Timisoara, all brushed up modern American meets Chronicles of Riddick meets Romanian ten stories concrete buildings. Now, we were inside the building - pretty standard scenario, see the Day after tomorrow - trying to secure the window so that the werewolves (I thought!) could not get inside. Now, the building was totally empty on the inside, there were no doors, nor opportunities to barricade. The only option was to check and secure EVERY window (let me run the numbers for you; I have not actually done this in my dream; there I just started securing the windows. So, 10 stories multiplied by three the number of entrances, multiplied by 4 the number of apartments, multiplied by four, the number of windows in each apartment... there were 480 windows to be secured). We started meticulously from top to bottom. At the beginning it looked real easy. Modern windows, turn, click and close. By the time we were done with half of them we started running into trouble, old wooden frames would not fit properly, the hinges would break while we were trying to close. The closing mechanism would be old and visibly unreliable. I particularly remember one window which was rather new and had a closing mechanism made out of a yellowish fork, the one you could probably find in an antique store (the fork not the window. I remember I brought something similar from Curacao, very colonial). This window I have managed to close, but the next one was so shaky it actually turned into wooden crumbs, totally wrecked and impossible to close, compromising our entire work. Rest assured I never got to meet with the werewolves, as I woke up. It was one hour earlier! since this is the Sunday we switch to winter time. But that doesn't solve my headache.

OK, now let's hear it from the Dream Dictionary:

Seeing windows in your dream means bright hopes, vast possibilities and insight. Dreaming that you are looking out the window means your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself. Seeing shut windows in your dream means desertion and abandonment. Seeing shattered and broken windows indicates misery and disloyalty. Seeing a tinted window in your dream, represents you need for privacy and your ways of getting it. You are keeping aspects of yourself hidden or that you want to remain ambiguous.

Seeing a werewolf in your dream indicates that something in your life is not what it seems. It is symbolic of fear, repressed anger, and uncontrollable violence. Dreaming that you are a werewolf, suggests that some aspects of your personality are hurtful and even dangerous to your own well-being. You are headed down an undesirable path. Alternatively, it refers to your repressed instincts.

Seeing a fork in your dream means an extension of your reach. You are setting forth in pursuing your goals. Alternatively, it may be a pun on "fork it over". Do you feel that you are being coerced or forced? Dreaming of being stabbed with a fork indicates that you are too picky with the ideas/suggestions presented to you. Seeing someone Seeing or eating with a fork indicates that all his present worries will be cleared up through the help of a friend.

Dreaming of brass indicates deception, falsehood and deceitfulness. It may also refer to your boldness.

Dreaming of bronze, suggests that you need to provide more care to something. It indicates maintenance of beauty and health. Posted by Hello

No comments: