My photo
I have moved to monsoux.com THIS NO JOKE! (update your links, RSS and the like)

T0p D0g Reloaded

Monday, November 20, 2006

Playlist of one has to do with not taking no for an aswer and playing the friendship card


Nikka Costa, Like A Feather

I'm coming out of my wishing well
Where only echoes lonely hear my prayers
I'm coming around to bend cause my resistance's been far too persistent
I've come to far to force it so I'll watch it slide and land
I could come on strong and willful but
I'd rather watch it fall to the palm of my hand

And when I set it free like a feather it will be
And when I rise to see it done like whatever it will be it will be it will be

I'm taking a breather baby
From sitting on pins waiting for my sky to fall
I'm taking up giving in
So here's the wheel, I'm putting my feet up
Take another look at me baby
Today I'm taking on catastrophe
I'd rather take it easy
Then try to force what's on its way to me

And when I set it free like a feather it will be
And when I rise to see it done like whatever it will be it will be it will be

We're only afraid if we pull back the blinds too far
The lights behind that we free will blind other stars
But the truth doesn't blind it helps to see far
so get ready to be
Who you are

The other playlist obsession is Gnarls Barkley, Who Cares?

Basically I'm complicated
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But I'll be at least 2 people today

If that's okay

And I can go on and on and on... but who cares?

It's deep how you can be so shallow
And I'm afraid cause I have no fear
And I didn't believe in magic
Until I watched you disappear

I wish you where here

And I can go on and on and on... but who cares?

You see, everybody is somebody
But nobody wants to be themselves
and If I ever wanted to understand me
I'll have to talk to someone else

Cause every little bit helps

And I can go on and on and on... but who cares?

Feels like... the surreal life
But it's still nice
Wish I could live twice
but I still might
if these bones heal right
I see a little light
though it's still night

Feels like... surreal like
But its still nice
Wish I could live twice
but I still might
if these bones heal right
I see a little light
though it's still night

And I can go on and on and on... but who cares?

And I can go on and on and on... but who cares?



Source: www.azlyrics.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pisi, ai picat in butoiul cu lirism (vine de la lira, btw? nasoala etimologie... desi ar merge in ceva gen "da-ti-as una-n lira"). am fo' relativ surprins sa te aflu aseara. si basca, in asa stare de agregare. but then u should be advised that all ur fans are with u & in tears. anyway be blessd, u reminded me about ani difranco's viciously sweet lyrics. take that:

Goldfish have no memory
I guess their lives are much like mine.
And the little plastic castle
is a surprise everytime.
*
It's just hard to travel
in the shadow of regret.
In fact, it's so hard
that I actually haven't left yet.
*
Subtract out the impact
and the fall is all you get.
So heres two beers to remember why
and three more to forget.
*
Virtue is relative at best,
there's nothing worse than a sunset
when your driving due West.
*
Youth is beauty,
money is beauty.
Hell, beauty is beauty sometimes.
*
Maybe you don't like your job,
maybe you didn't get enough sleep,
well nobody likes their job,
nobody got enough sleep.
Maybe you just had the worst day of your life,
but you know,
there's no escape, there's no excuse,
so just suck up
and be nice.
*
If I'm gonna go down
I'm gonna do it with style.
You won't hear me surrender,
you won't hear me confess
cause you've left me with nothing
but I have worked with less.
*
I like you,
but I know you don't know it.
I like you so much,
I talk to everyone but you.
*
guess there's something wrong with me
guess i don't fit in
no one wants to touch it
no one knows where to begin
I've got more than one membership
to more than one club
and I owe my life
to the people that I love.
*
even when i look right at you
i always just see through
and i always just see new things
to admire about you
*
i smoke and i drink
and every time i blink
i have a tiny dream
but as bad as i am
i'm proud of the fact
that i'm worse than i seem
*
Whenever I say something
they find hard to hear,
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear.
*
I don’t know why red fades before blue,
it just does.

So.